Homes between $40k-$55k..? Really?


Homes between $40,000 and $50,000.. Really..?
Important
I'll admit it...lol. Sometimes it's fun to get on the computer, type in a few crazy search parameters, just to see what pops up. "Gee, I wonder if there are any condos, in the this area of town, for under $15,000..? If so, what do they look like..??" One of the many perks of being a licensed realtor. Besides, this is great knowledge, since you never know what your next client might call about.

This morning I got to thinking about cheap detached homes. I'm pretty up to date with the affordable condo inventory, but what about something with an actual yard? I was shocked by the results. Many of the 33 homes I found were located kind of where I expected, in older sections of town. But there were a few....

Keep in mind, this wasn't for the entire Phoenix valley. That search returned just under 200, but that's another story. I wanted to stick to homes in my neck of the woods.
As I looked through the listings, a few newer homes jumped out at me. Yes, they were a bit outside the "normal" drive times, but if you own a Prius (yes, I own the greatest car on Earth..lol), who cares about the drive..? Granted, you're sending a bit more time in the car each way to work, but for some of us, we have more time than money...lol.

All of these homes needed a bit of work. Those closer to town, more than the ones further out. Location, location, location right...lol. Even with this being said, with $20,000 you can do a TON of work to any home, and transform it into something even the neighbors won't recognize... Start figuring out how to be handy, if you're not...lol.
If you want to own a home, then it's time to pull the trigger.

Oh, one more thing... If you have good credit, get a loan for $55,000, and stretch it out over 30 years, your payments UNDER $400.00 a month... Hmm, looking better huh...lol.